Wednesday, January 13, 2010

oh what a night

We were spoiled with Clara. She was the best baby ever. Sleeping through the night at 2 months, not waking up in the night after that, teething was a breeze, she entertained easily, and didn't need attention 100% of the time. Kamryn is SOOOO different, the opposite of everything above. Last night, and a couple nights now she has woken up crying, screaming, inconsolably until you hold her for a couple minutes. It's really sad but when she does this you know you are in for a long night/morning. Robert did the bottle, snuggled for a bit but after about 20 minutes I decided to give him a break and let him get some rest. I held her, she just blew raspberries and kisses at me... stinker... On a previous night we just let her come to bed with us, it worked. This time not so much. She just got mad again. So i decided to let her watch some cartoon. That worked for about a half hour, she was quiet, content, until I tried to lay down with her. If I wasn't holding her in the upright position, she would just get fussy again. This wasn't going to do. So she was getting sleepy, so I took her back to her room and rocked her a bit. She finally fell asleep. I decided to just take her back to our bed. Didn't work, crying again. I was done. I tossed her back into her bed, let her cry for about 10 minutes then she slept till 11 am. If only I were so lucky. It was a 1 1/2 battle. We were both pooped. Obviously Kamryn was really pooped because she NEVER falls asleep anywhere but in her bed. If only I could have crashed too.

4 comments:

Lacey McKay said...

That picture is too cute! Poor tired baby girl! My girls were completely opposite too, except the other way around. Abbey was the colicky one and Madison was the easy one. I like it that way because I can really appreciate how easy she is!

kristal said...

too freakin cute...even if she's had some naughty nights...too cute!

Wendi said...

I hear ya. We had a "night" of our own just last week and woke up to a new tooth in her little baby mouth. (Cute new header!)

Staci said...

Sorry you have some long nights! Hope it gets better soon! She is so stinkin' cute I would give her whatever she wanted!